









I'm posting pictures from the exhibit - sorry, I didn't have time to put them to where the captions are - seek and find!
Argyle – did some work for the Children’s Museum of Houston. I talked to them about how we might be constructing a play mobile . They customize vehicles and have worked with Fairfield Library – have to look it up not sure where it’s at. They had a cute Dr. Seuss tot spot exhibit.
Science Kinetics www.sciencekinetics.com. I really liked their items: coin vortex, Light harp - $5000 – motion triggers sound when the laser light is interrupted, different shaped gears. The harp they brought was a bare bones demo piece - they can create it into any shapes. I asked it would would work across a hallway and they said sure. I liked it!
Imagination Playground vs. Snug – large scale manipulative. It was interesting to see these items that we previously viewed through Imagination Playground’s website. They have a great variety of shapes and are easy to carry and manipulate. My concern is that they will get dirty really quick . The pieces they had are a uniform blue color and they looked dingy to me. Snug is sturdier and much more colorful. Durable so they are heavier and not as easy to manipulate - more set play pieces vs. the flexibility of Imagination Playground. Snug representative told me that they based their prototypes on Imagination Playground and wanted to create items that were durable and fun. So question would be - do we want durable, colorful pieces or bland, flexible pieces? Snug sold packages ranging from $8995 to the ultimate package costing $21,595 (sorry I can't find IP's pricing) You can buy individual pieces.
Pin fields! San Jose Discovery Center sells the pins – works with Science Kinetics who will build framework. See Angelica’s posting for prices
Betty Brinn Children's Museum - Super Service Center - ages 3 - 8, 130 square feet, $39,500. This exhibit was mentioned in the mini-exhibits workshop I attended, but they didn't have it at the conference - bummer. It kooks really fun - mini-autoshop with car and mechanics tools, mural of autobody shop to give the illusion that it's in a bigger space.
Boss - coolest ball runs and wall mounted exhibits. Pricey. Can't find notes on cost - I think Angelica has them though
Crazy contraptions www.crazycontraptions.com - source for gears
Science Kinetics www.sciencekinetics.com. I really liked their items: coin vortex, Light harp - $5000 – motion triggers sound when the laser light is interrupted, different shaped gears. The harp they brought was a bare bones demo piece - they can create it into any shapes. I asked it would would work across a hallway and they said sure. I liked it!
Imagination Playground vs. Snug – large scale manipulative. It was interesting to see these items that we previously viewed through Imagination Playground’s website. They have a great variety of shapes and are easy to carry and manipulate. My concern is that they will get dirty really quick . The pieces they had are a uniform blue color and they looked dingy to me. Snug is sturdier and much more colorful. Durable so they are heavier and not as easy to manipulate - more set play pieces vs. the flexibility of Imagination Playground. Snug representative told me that they based their prototypes on Imagination Playground and wanted to create items that were durable and fun. So question would be - do we want durable, colorful pieces or bland, flexible pieces? Snug sold packages ranging from $8995 to the ultimate package costing $21,595 (sorry I can't find IP's pricing) You can buy individual pieces.
Pin fields! San Jose Discovery Center sells the pins – works with Science Kinetics who will build framework. See Angelica’s posting for prices
Betty Brinn Children's Museum - Super Service Center - ages 3 - 8, 130 square feet, $39,500. This exhibit was mentioned in the mini-exhibits workshop I attended, but they didn't have it at the conference - bummer. It kooks really fun - mini-autoshop with car and mechanics tools, mural of autobody shop to give the illusion that it's in a bigger space.
Boss - coolest ball runs and wall mounted exhibits. Pricey. Can't find notes on cost - I think Angelica has them though
Crazy contraptions www.crazycontraptions.com - source for gears


No comments:
Post a Comment