Sunday, May 22, 2011
Interactivity
Going to the Association of Children's Museums conference is intense, fun, tiring and inspiring. The days are long starting with 7:30 breakfast and last sessions ending at 5:45, followed by dinner and blogging, or a quick bite, a museum visit and blogging. I am very appreciative that I could attend a second time and be able to compare this year's Interactivity with last year's. I have known some passionate librarians and I see this same quality in many of the presenters and museum staff I have met. Most are surprised but very welcoming of we librarian interlopers and seem genuinely interested in how we are bringing play to our libraries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would also like to say thank you for the opportunity. It has been incredibly physically and mentally demanding, but completely worth it.
ReplyDeleteIt was very different experience coming back again. It was more helpful coming back knowing what to expect, more knowledge, and having a project underway. It gives a frame of reference and I think "street cred" with the museum group.
I agree with you Renee - it has been very inspiring! With very little sleep - it's the amazing ideas and people that keep you going.
I think we know that well at RC. Part of what is so amazing about working at RC is how passionate and creative everyone on the team is, whether it's a local History Night or a storytime.
Everyone at ACM that we met - the speakers, presenters, and really nice museum folks that we met were also passionate and creative. We, museums and libraries, definitely share a very common bond of wanting to do the best we can for our communities and make it fun!
I hope I've been able to share that passion and creativity via the blog! I know I'm jazzed and ready to get new ideas going!
Thank you :).